Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chair in progress..

So after many weeks of scouring craigslist, thrift stores, and al, other places I finally found 2 large gorgeous (shaped) wing back chairs. I wanted a more modern shape, not to curvy on the top and definitely would around the arms. VOILA, $100 later and here they are..

I'm not quite upholstery talented as some of my other blogging friends, plus with the silk blend fabric I scored at Hancock Fabrics ( on sale 40% off, plus my 10% coupon). I didn't want to take a chance.

My wonderful upholsterer Hector from WH Interiors, stripped it for me but left all the side padding that was still in perfect condition. Brought them back home and got to sanding...I thought about using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, but I wanted some of the bare wood color to show through, not the 1980's cherry. I mixed up some gloss white I already had, plus some dark grey from a sample mixed with about 50% water and got to brushing. I applied about 3 coats then gently sanded in so e of the raised areas where I was able to get to the bare wood and I couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to switch out the red chairs ( temporary seating from my basement and feels a little too Twighlight Series for me) for these beauties when there done!



No comments:

Post a Comment