Monday, March 18, 2013

A dog and design




After many years of convincing, and the pressure of my entire family, we adopted a puppy. I found him on an adoption site 4 treturous  not so long months ago. His beautiful blue eyes and short coat, his wet nose snuggling on my neck when we went to "see" him, sealed the deal. So a few weeks befor Christmas, we got a dog. Atticus, he was already named as part of the mocking bird book characters and we liked it!


Here he is a few weeks ago with my daughter Sophia. (Notice our son Jordan who the dog was mainly for is not any where around!)

Which brings me to my next series of photos. I had a nice coffee in the morning sitting area we used instead of a breakfast area, with these fabulous chairs from Z gallerie and bench from Ballard Designs.  Notice it looks fairly peaceful, until now...
Before...

Notice the lovely gate and old rug

And the destroyed chair.....

Not only has that roomed changed but pretty much the whole first floor! Thank goodness for the trusty old brown leather sofa, for once I'm not ready to throw it out. All pillows removed of course. Aluminum foil so he doesn't think he's king of the hill and lays on the couch. And of course a missing Pottery Barn Rug, due to frequent marking.....
Just lovely





Love to know anyone if else has shared in this decorating misery....

No comments:

Post a Comment