Saturday, May 11, 2013

Update on stairs....

Well no this is not the grand finally! But excited to say that it has led to another project! We have been contemplating going darker on our hardwood floors for quite a while. Now that I have seen the stairs I'm ready to do the whole thing!

For the cost of restaining the floors and me tackling the stairs myself, the project will come way under what my first scary estimate was just to put hardwood on the stairs to begin with. By doing this way we are getting the best of both worlds!

Now it's color choice time.....

Deciding between dark walnut, Jacobean, and (waiting on color sample for) coffee brown. All by Dura seal.

On my stairs I have been playing around with a combination of paint and stain. The chocolate brown on the first step is just paint. I just used a random can of Behr Sweet Molasses I had from another project. The second step is half black and brown paint, and on the right side I top coated with a little Jacobean stain. Of course this is all just a test simply to get an idea....

Which color do you prefer....





No comments:

Post a Comment